Authentic personal brand coaching is a commitment to excellence, success in life and happiness. It’s about partnering with clients in a thought-provoking and creative process that inspires them to maximize their potential, which is particularly important in today’s individual age. Regardless of age, regardless of position, regardless of the business we happen to be in, all of us need to understand the importance of authentic personal branding. You are a brand and you are in charge of your brand. You need to think of yourself differently and become the CEO of your life. Authentic personal brand coaching is a spiritual, measurable, holistic, organic, and sustainable personal development system that help people discover all that is within themselves and based on this to become a powerful authentic personal brand and successful in life. It is based on the authentic personal branding books “Authentic Personal Branding for Coaches and Executives”, “Be The CEO of Your Life: The Ultimate Authentic Personal Branding Formula for Standing Out from the Crowd” and “Authentic Personal Branding: A new blueprint for building and aligning a powerful leadership brand” of Prof.Dr. Hubert Rampersad. His books have been published in many languages and endorsed by leading professors from Harvard Business School, Yale School of Management, and the world’s leading coaching expert Marshall Goldsmith . It is the world’s only real authentic personal branding methodology. That’s why it’s also being used at the University of California (UCLA) and MIT SLOAN . Our training documentation is in English, Spanish, Brazilian, Russian, Chinese, Korean, German, French, Japanese, Indonesian, Vietnamese, Turkish, Polish, Finnish and Dutch language (click on country names).
This organic, holistic and authentic personal branding system helps you to unlock your potential and build a trusted image of yourself that you want to project in everything you do. It also opens your view to new ideas, possibilities and business opportunities. It is combined with powerful tools to deliver peak performance and to create a stable basis for trustworthiness, credibility, and personal charisma. This new approach places more emphasis on understanding yourself and the needs of others, meet those needs while staying true to your values, improve yourself continuously, and realize growth in life based on this personal branding journey. This should be based on your life philosophy, dreams, values, identity, self-knowledge, self-awareness, self-responsibility, positive attributes, and self-management, rather than inventing a brand that you would like to be perceived as and to sell this to others.
The APBCF coach’s responsibility is to:
- Discover, clarify, and align with what the client wants to achieve based on an inside-out, authentic and holistic approach
- Hold the client responsible and accountable
- Help the client to build, implement, and cultivate an authentic, distinctive, and enduring personal brand.
- Help the client to create positive perceptions and emotions in the mind of its prospects (that he/she is different, special, unique, and authentic) based on his/her personal brand.
- Help the client to build a truly lasting and trusted relationship with her/his customers.
- Help the client to manage and influence how others perceive him/her.
- Help the client to stimulate meaningful perceptions about the values and qualities he/she stands for.
- Help the client to use her/his brand to communicate her/his unique service that provides a sense of value for her/his target audience, which is in line with her/his dreams, purpose in life, values, passion, competencies, uniqueness, genius, specialization, characteristics, and things that he/she loves doing.
- Help the client to position himself/herself strongly in relation to his/her competitors, built a strong reputation, and develop an effective image of herself/himself that he/she wants to project in everything he/she does.
- Help the client to communicate what he/she stands for in a unique way that is different from others in his/her field and that gets inside people’s mind.
- Help the client to provide value to others continuously, to create visibility, build trust, reinforce integrity, honesty, trustworthiness, credibility, transparency, and personal charisma.
- Help the client to build a trusted image of herself/himself, which is based on his/her true values, beliefs, dream, and genius.
- Help the client to make a difference in relationships throughout his/her life, fire her/his passion, separate himself/herself from the crowd, and attract success.
- Help the client to differentiate herself/himself, become authentic, and create an identity around herself/himself which makes it easier for people to remember who he/she is.
- Help the client to enhance her/his brand equity and brand awareness.
- Help the client to eliminate the competition and make him/her unique and better than all his/her competition in the marketplace.
- Help the client to manage herself/himself effectively as a business, develop self-esteem, unlock his/her potential, and enrich his/her relationships with others.
- Help the client to increase his/her personal effectiveness and deliver peak performance.
- Help the client to align his/her personal brand with his/her corporate brand and get the optimal fit and balance between these two brands in order to enhance workforce productivity, to create a climate of trust, and to stimulate employee engagement.
This organic and holistic process helps clients dramatically to become successful in life. The results are normally visible within 2 months.
How is coaching delivered? What does the process look like?
Authentic personal brand coaching begins with an interview to assess the individual’s or business’ current opportunities and challenges, define the scope of the relationship, identify priorities for action and establish specific desired outcomes. Subsequent coaching sessions may be conducted in person or via Skype, with each session lasting a previously established length of time. Between scheduled coaching sessions, the individual may be asked to complete specific actions that support the achievement of one’s personally prioritized goals. The coach may provide additional resources in the form of relevant articles, checklists, assessments or models to support the individual’s or business’ thinking and actions. The duration of the coaching relationship varies depending on needs and preferences. The coaching process is based on APBCF’s authentic personal brand coaching framework. This process involves fifteen phases, with comprehensive exercises, tools, and activities associated with each phase to be used by coaches and executives to coach themselves and others. The authentic personal brand coaching process starts with the introduction of this method to the client via a plenary or individual session, allowing time for familiarization, followed by a number of 1-on-1 sessions of maximum two hours.
. Fifteen Steps in the Authentic Personal Brand Coaching Process
- Look for a quiet spot and perform the breathing and silence exercise to reflect on the personal ambition questions. This will create an atmosphere of silence to think about yourself and to listen to your inner voice.
- Formulate your personal ambition statement (personal vision, mission, and key roles). Make sure that all four perspectives (internal, external, knowledge/learning, and financial) are included. Private life and business life should be taken into account.
- Define your strengths and weaknesses and the related external opportunities and threats, based on your personal SWOT analysis. Evaluate yourself.
- Formulate your personal brand objectives based on the SWOT analysis, related to the four BSC-perspectives
- Define your specialization, service, and dominant attribute
- Define your domain
- Formulate your personal brand statement
- Create your personal brand story
- Design your personal logo & slogan
- Formulate your personal BSC by identifying and selecting the critical success factors within your personal ambition and personal brand statement and translate these into personal objectives with corresponding measures, targets, and improvement actions.
- Implement your personal ambition, personal brand and personal BSC according to the Plan-Deploy-Act-Challenge cycle. Get going with the continuous improvement actions with dedication and resolution and ask for feedback.
- Learn how to cultivate and maintain your brand promise
- Live up to your brand promise by aligning your personal ambition and personal brand with your behavior (alignment with yourself).
- Align your personal ambition / brand with the corporate ambition / brand, through the ambition meeting (alignment with your organization).
- Coach the line manager how to coach his/her employees effectively.
How can you determine if Authentic Personal Brand Coaching® is right for you?
Since authentic personal brand coaching is about a partnership, ask yourself whether you or your business is ready to devote the time and the energy to making concrete changes and to enhance your personal and/or corporate brand. If the answer is yes, then authentic personal brand coaching will be a good way to develop yourself and your business.
How is Authentic Personal Brand Coaching Different From ICF Coaching ?
Authentic personal brand coaching focuses on setting goals, creating outcomes, managing personal change and become a powerful authentic personal brand. ICF focusses on life coaching. We are grateful to the ICF for improving standards and professionalism among coaches and we support the good work the ICF is doing in the coaching field. However, many coaches with ICF designations are struggling to make a living because of many shortcomings of the ICF approach, such as the incompleteness of the 11 ICF core competencies and its non-measurable and non-holistic approach. Read also this very interesting article “9 reasons that ICF competencies are not sufficient for success as a coach” from one of the leading ICF certified coaches in Florida, USA. Authentic Personal Brand Coaching has been proven in practice to produce sustainable results, not only for individuals but also for organizations. This holistic system is neither cosmetic nor cloudy, and therefore clients are experiencing concrete measurable results within a few months. View Coaching Success Stories and Member Testimonials.
Why is Authenticity so Important?
Traditional personal branding approaches are focused on personal marketing, personal sales, social media marketing, image building, and styling, which can turn into an ego trip. Authentic personal branding is more than just marketing and promoting yourself and it is not about being famous and not about trying to be someone you’re not. It is about the Real You and influencing others based on integrity and delivering what you promise. If you are not branded in an authentic, honest, and holistic way, if you don’t deliver according to your brand promise, and if you focus mainly on selling and promoting yourself, you will be egocentric and selfish…..read further this article in brandchannel .
Authenticity is about being real and true to yourself. Your authentic personal brand should therefore emerge from your search for your identity and meaning in life, and it is about getting very clear on what you want with your life, accepting it, fixing it in your mind, giving it all your positive energy, doing what you love and improve yourself continuously.
What has caused the tremendous growth in the Authentic Personal Brand Coaching industry?
Branding isn’t just for corporations anymore. There is a new trend called “authentic personal branding”. The reason for this is:
- The technological revolution has changed the structure of careers today. It used to be that you went to work for one or two companies in your entire career. Today we will all have as many as four to eight jobs or careers in our lifetime. Authentic Personal Branding is essential to career development and an effective career tool because it helps define who you are, what do you stand for, what makes you unique, special, and different, how you are great, and why you should be sought out.
- The change in the way we communicate. The Internet has elevated each of us to the position of publisher. Email, newsgroups, bulletin boards, blogs, and online network and discussion groups afford all of us the opportunity to learn, network and get exposure for our businesses and ourselves. People want to do business with people they know or people they feel they can trust, with whom they feel some sort of connection, and with whom they relate. If you are a familiar, friendly, and consistent presence and brand online, people will have the sense that they know you and be more receptive to doing business with you. So Personal Branding is also essential to business development.
Being good and accomplished in your field is not enough. It’s time to give serious effort to discovering your genius, passion, and your authentic dream, imagining and developing yourself as a powerful, consistent, and memorable personal with your own specific brand, as you do related work you love. You can shape the market’s perception of your authentic personal brand by defining your unique strengths, values, and personality, sharing it with others in an exciting, persuasive manner, and cultivating your brand continuously. It’s something that you can develop and manage, which is essential for future employability and success in life. Everyone has a chance and should take the responsibility to learn, improve, build up their skills and be a strong brand.
There is no job security. Be independent and (re)define yourself by building, implementing and cultivating your authentic personal brand. Become a powerful brand as you attract and create new opportunities. There are three categories of business that need authentic personal branding: 1) Independent service professionals (actors, agents, artists, athletes, authors, advisors, consultants, designers, dentists, caterers, chiropractors, real estate professionals, etc.) 2) personal service business (owners of gyms, auto shops, cleaners, bakeries, computer repair shops, print shops, child care, painters, gardeners, etc.) and 3) value-adding product sellers (auto dealers, bookstores, publishers, record stores, specialty retail, and so on.). They need an authentic personal brand in order to influence key people in their domain.
Everyone has a personal brand but most people are not aware of this and do not manage this strategically and effectively. You should take control of your brand and the message it sends and affect how others perceive you. This will help you to actively grow and distinguish yourself as an exceptional professional. Having a strong authentic personal brand has benefits. It:
- Stimulates meaningful perceptions about the values and qualities that you stand for
- Tells others: who you are, what you do, what makes you different, how you create value for them, and what they can expect when they deal with you
- Influences how others perceive you
- Creates expectations in the mind of others of what they will get when they work with you
- Creates an identity around you which makes it easier for people to remember who you are.
- Gets your prospects to see you as the only solution to their problem.
- Puts you above the competition and makes you unique and better than your competitors in the marketplace
The underlying assumption of personal-branding philosophy is that each of us has unique gifts and a distinct purpose and dream in life. By connecting these gifts, purpose and dream, we open ourselves up to greater happiness and success in life. Our new authentic personal branding blueprint will help you to unlock your potential and build a trusted image of yourself that you want to project in everything you do. It is in harmony with your true values, beliefs, dreams, and genius. When your brand is combined with powerful tools, it will deliver peak performance and create a stable basis for trustworthiness, credibility, and personal charisma. This inside-out approach is durable and differs from traditional methods and is based on my passion for developing human potential. This new approach places more emphasis on understanding yourself and the needs of others. Meet those needs while staying true to your values, improve yourself continuously, and realize growth in life based on this personal branding journey. It focuses on the human side of branding, and includes your reputation, character and personality. If you are well branded according to this approach, you will find it easier to convince others and you will attract the people and opportunities that are a perfect fit for you.
How long does a coach work?
The length of a coaching partnership varies depending on the individual’s or team’s needs and preferences. Normally one to two months of coaching may work. Factors that may impact the length of time include: the frequency of coaching meetings and financial resources available to support authentic personal brand coaching.
What does the authentic personal brand coach and the client do?
- Understands the personal brand coaching ethics and standards and apply them appropriately in all authentic personal brand coaching situations
- Understands what is required in the coaching interaction and agree with the client about the coaching process.
- Creates a supportive environment based on ongoing mutual respect and trust
- Is fully conscious and creates a style that is open, flexible and confident
- Stimulates the individual’s self-awareness and awareness of others
- Listens attentively to the client and asks the right questions
- Communicates effectively and use language that has the greatest positive impact on the client
- Acts as a sounding board and recognizes opportunities
- Fosters out of the box thinking and adheres to the authentic personal brand coach code of ethics.
- Creates with the client opportunities for ongoing learning based on the client’s personal Balanced Scorecard
- Stimulates responsibility with the client to take action
- Creates the coaching agenda based on the client’s personal Balanced Scorecard
- Uses assessment and observations to enhance self-awareness and awareness of others
- Assumes full responsibility for personal decisions and actions according to the client’s personal Balanced Scorecard
- Takes courageous action in alignment with personal goals included in the client’s personal Balanced Scorecard
- Implements its personal Balanced Scorecard according to the plan-deploy-act-challenge cycle
Examples of measures include: increased income/revenue, higher personal brand awareness, more business, obtaining a promotion, personal and/or business performance data (e.g., productivity, personal effectiveness), changes in the individual’s self-awareness and awareness of others, and shifts in one’s emotional state that inspire confidence.
Is APBCF affiliated with the ICF?
APBCF is not affiliated in any way with the ICF and we do not endorse its activities!